12.01.2004

Advent quote of the day

I'd like to post some advent quotes, seeing as 'tis the season for something more than shopping. If you'd like to comment, I'm wondering what people do for advent. Do you have specific traditions that you like/dislike? B and I are trying to start something, now that we have Baby G. Growing up, both of us really had no long-standing family tradition when it came to advent and we'd like to change that. P.S. I have 2 weeks of class left and 1 week of exams. In that time, I have two 25-pg. research papers, two class presentations, corrections on a third 30-pg. research paper, and the normal (gargantuan) reading load. Someone wanna pray for me, por favor? _____________ Here's your quote: "Advent is a time of waiting, of expectation, of silence. Waiting for our Lord to be born. A pregnant woman is so happy, so content. She lives in such a garment of silence, and it is as though she were listening to hear the stir of life within her. "One always hears that stirring compared to the rustling of a bird in the hand. But the intentness with which one awaits such stirring is like nothing so much as a blanket of silence." --Dorothy Day

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I do pray for Erik...to have strength and attentiveness and clarity and to represent himself and his Lord well in the work he has to do. Give an extra dash of grace to Brooke and Greta as they hang on for a few more weeks till a break.

Press on my friend!

12/08/2004 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home