10.14.2005

what about this guy

I have such a love/hate relationship with politics in general. And I definitely am a card-carrying member of the "not politically affiliated" party. But my neighbor-friend Kate, who is in the polysci program here at ND and what I would call a feminist evangelical, if there is such a thing, recommends Dr. Lindy Scott for the sixth district in Illinois. He's a prof. at Wheaton outside of Chi-town. And perhaps because i can't actually vote for him, i feel okay giving him my support. What do you think of his views?

3 Comments:

Blogger e said...

Well, I can't actually vote for the guy--he's running in Illinois, and I'm in Indiana.

But he still seems genuine.

and thanks for your support.
:-)

10/14/2005 5:12 PM  
Blogger Andy Whitman said...

You know, it's a small world. Lindy Scott was the leader of the small InterVarsity Christian Fellowship group at Ohio University in the early 1970s, where we crossed paths on a few occasions. He was a senior when I was a freshman, but he made an impact on my life, albeit from a distance and from the standpoint of his teachings. I've often wondered what happened to him. And now I know.

For what it's worth, almost thirty-five years ago I thought the world of him. Since this is a sentiment I don't usually share with politicians, I'd certainly be inclined to vote for him.

10/16/2005 8:17 AM  
Blogger e said...

andy--that is so freaking cool! i'm glad you have that connection. the world is small indeed.

10/17/2005 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home