6.27.2003

bsp: good quotes! from what i know of larry crabb, he seems to be a man who's actually lived out the things he espouses--something that makes the words all that much more powerful. I was listening to the Indigo Girls and remembered really loving the lyrics to "Left me a Fool." Not something directly applicable to everyone, but good stuff, nonetheless. I'm not sure how earth-shatteringly philosophical, but really authentic and somehow quietly profound: Left Me A Fool Words and Music: Emily Saliers Everybody loves you and they want to know your story You go riding out a mystery concealed in all your glory But when it comes to flesh and bones you remind me of Shalot Only made of shadows even though you're not I remember how I spent all my energy and time With affected conversation trying to pry inside your mind You are as brilliant as truth and empty as a shell And I came to you one night and it made me feel like hell Oh, to reach through all your surface Just to find an empty pool And to suffer all your pride as I lay down by your side And you swallowed up my heart and left me a fool Left me a fool Everybody loves a hero an image to create Antithesis of everything inside theirselves they hate But you'd better close your eyes when it's time for them to die Cause you'd hate to think the life we built upon them was a lie Oh, to reach through all your surface Just to find an empty pool And to suffer all your pride as I lay down by your side And you swallowed up my heart and left me a fool Left me a fool I resign myself to silence I will never blow your cover No one ever has to know who the hero took for lover But it comes to mind as you blaze on as brilliant as a star How many you've left behind, how many casualties there are To reach through all your surface Just to find an empty pool And to suffer all your pride as I lay down by your side And you swallowed up my heart and left me a fool Left me a fool

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home