2.02.2004

because it's often easier to simply take offense...

...I offer the disclaimer below. Thank you to jc for a stimulating post and comment session. ironically, it's through his post lamenting the problem with blogging and community that he's had the largest number of people rally around his blog in cyber-community response. it's like a play within a play! maybe the reason people blog is because we want to have community any way possible and are willing to take cheap substitutes to make up for the increasingly disparate walks of life that would prevent people from every having contact otherwise. some of the blogs linked to this one are for people i've never met, may never meet, in the normal context of non-blog life. i love all of you as much as i can through 1s and 0s, but it's nothing like the life-on-life that we should be experiencing. (just so i put it out there: if someone wants to go into buying a large duplex in the clintonville/OSU area, formulating some sort of regular, society-challenging community inside and around that house, and loves (my three) cats, please let me know!) but i also agree with him that some heart-on-sleeve stuff creates the simulacrum of intimacy rather than the real thing. without further ado, this site's necessary disclaimer.... Statement of Audience --------------------- "I realize that nothing I say matters to anyone else on the entire planet. My opinions are useless and unfocused. I am an expert in nothing. I knownothing. I am confused about almost everything. I cannot, as an individual, ever possibly know everything, or even enough to make editorial commentary on the vast vast majority of things that exist in my world. This is a stupid document; it is meaningless drivel that I do not expect any of the several billion people on my planet to actually read. People who do read my rambling, incoherent dumb%&*$ery are probably just as confused as I am, if not moreso, as they are looking to my sorry ass for an opinion whenthey should be outside playing Frisbee with their dog or loving their spouses or getting a dog or getting a spouse. Anyone who actually takes the time to read my bull@#^$ probably deserves to ingest my *(^#ed up and obviously mistaken opinions on whatever it is that I have written about."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home