11.01.2004

me too

One more politics-oriented post and then, hopefully, all will be calm for a while. I read this article and thought it summarized my own views so well that I should post part of it here. ___________ "As a Christian in the middle, I find myself blazing my own trail through the political scene, using only my faith as a guide. My faith tells me that Jesus would want to save everyone and everything. Saving is important to him. It's a Messiah thing. The unborn child who has the potential to live, the murderer who has the potential to repent, the things in nature that represent the Eden that God made for us and will give us again. All of these, he wants to save. Sometimes people are saved through love and compassion. Sometimes they are saved through tough consequences for wrong choices. I believe the compassion of the left and the morals of the right are not mutually exclusive and have already been shown to exist together in one great life, that of Jesus Christ. He is the divine Centrist, the alpha and the omega, at once liberal and conservative. He gives to us while he demands from us, his grace for our faith. He has great plans for us, but he expects great things from us as well. This is what I try to model in my own life. But clearly I'm not doing a very good job of it, because many people are under the impression that I am on one side, a political side, that takes preference over spiritual issues. I am troubled by the label. I do not think my life reflects the label. But yet, I am branded. I am not a Democrat. And I am not a Republican. I am a Christian, and I belong to the Party of God."

2 Comments:

Blogger John McCollum said...

God's parties always have the best wine!

11/01/2004 9:37 PM  
Blogger Jeff Cannell said...

AMEN,

BTW- did Jesus home-brew over the legal limt?

11/02/2004 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home