9.09.2004

Birfday

Tomorrow is the big three-oh. Good stuff. Playing paintball, talking, hanging out with good friends, having some nice Cold Ones. That's what good B-days are made of. I wonder why we never feel as old as we are. My mother talks about how weird it is to be 60 and not feel old. Our minds seem to experience age differently than our bodies (implicit evidence, some might note of the hyper-material or even super-material nature of our minds). At least I'm not wearing a suit and tie. When I was young, I was convinced that I would be entombed in an itchy, hot, unnecessarily restrictive three-piece suit by the time I was thirty. Thankfully, I'm only covered with this itchy, hot, unnecessarily restrictive body hair. Too much information, I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home