3.13.2003

Okay blogg 2- so lets get into the small church. All in favor say I. I....m still not convinced fully. I can understand a community of small home-church groups...who actively communicate with eachother to coordinate outreach events etc. However - how is the small house church seeker friendly? I mean - I feel weird inviting my brother to a small group as a non-christian because all we do is Christian stuff...and that is wonderful for the saved, but what happens when we invite unsaved friends and they say yes. Do we change the way we do group so that everything is explained, so that the gospel is explained...or do we have bible teachings and prayer...to the exclusion of the watcher who has no clue what is going on? The house church would forever be frustrated because of new people coming...things having to be explained etc, and what of people involved who choose only to come on a thursday night...in need of prayer and to share. It becomes a single moms group akin to that scene in 'about a boy'...whereby we come to share our weekly events, get prayer, sing...and then go out again. I can see home church working where the community is a regular part of the week, where our kids play together, where we play, pray and eat together...but I've yet to see people stick with it. We are so transient...moving here and there, looking for new jobs etc...community is not what we majestically want it to be. We, like our secular brethren, are just as concerned about provision, our jobs, our home and what is next. Perhaps we need to define what a community of believers means. There will be the few who draw very close but as to the majority...I have my reservations. I by no means want to seem authoritative...Im trying to work through this stuff and would appreciate your thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home