7.14.2003

Bam Bam Bam

Well I seriously cannot wait until I have a ton of time to process the wonderful resonses you both made. I do have time now, while I sit in the main library at the University of Alabama, Tusc. to tell you of my crazy adventures. I started in Asheville, where unfortunately I had way to much Baileys and woke up with a headache having slept in my friends van with 5 other guys. I then drove to Boone, NC to climb for a few days. Too much rain for it though so I ate at some nice restaurants...like Wendys and Shoneys:-) Then i headed south, going throught he blue ridge parkway for a hundred miles, sleeping on the side of the road under a canopy I bought from Walmart for 10 bucks. It was good enough - though my sleeping bag was soaked in the morning from a downpour and poor siting. I have become very creative with an 8x10 canopy/sheet. I use rope and establish the structure, and then slide under with my new Northface Bag and Thermarest which a kid left at camp. What a thing to leave! It has blesssed me and Ill return it as soon as I get to Baton Rouge. The south (Bama) is so different. They speak really funny here, and I just go around pretending to be a student...thus getting free access to showers and computers. It rocks. I could be homeless and do very well indeed! The drive has been long. I find myself talking with God a lot...it seems easier to be a christian on my own than with others:-) That is a weird thought. I did some worship at the rest shelter last night and a lady stopped by to see what I was doing. She probably thought I was mad...but her husband said i sounded good. I figure Ill do that tonight too...just go lead worship somewhere in Tuscaloosa...hit the streets maybe. Ill let you know how my travels go. I love you both. I miss you so much. And Erik, you missed something about the bubble. I am not just a pretty face who smiles a lot and plays music...Im also British!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home