5.10.2003

"Christ For the Rich" an essay by Kelly Sharpe Dr. Owen Into to the Gospel Economy (GOS 201a) I think I have felt a similer frustration when i see people and families who seem to be very emotionally and spiritually secure without Christ. Those who are just really kind, careing people who raise great kids, love serving other people, stay married, and just arn't really that selfish and are content to not need a divine motavation for it. I think i have this weird idea of wealthy people that they are all secrectly depressed, and this is not always the case. I am exposed to a lot of extremely wealthy people though my dad. One thing i observe with my father and many of his friends is this feeling that they have a lot of control in their lives. They can provide for their loved ones abundantly. They can afford to give a lot to charity and the church. ect. But i dont think i've seen my dad humbled very often as a result. Hes not necessarially prideful, but he doesnt ever really have to rely on anyone for the day to day things i guess. (and, it goes without mention, that as a result neither do I have to deal with these worries) And, i guess it is kinda a trend that i always find God when i am unable to go anywhere else. My dad doesnt seem to ever get there,,,, at least not financially... If i were assured that i was financially secure, just like if i was certain that i would always have the same friends, or the same strong community, i wouldnt see God hardly at all. Cause that's what happens every time i think i have a sure thing anywhere else. I dont think in my mind this is an issue that is limited to wealth. At least for me, its not so much wealth, nice things, security, ect, as it is that i want solid relationships. Sorry for the rambling. ugh,,,,,, why am i doing this instead of homework?!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home