5.10.2003

Dear friends, have you ever pondered on a life well lived? I have often caught myself gazing into the yonder, thinking about the expectations I have for my life, the material possessions I hope to own, and they lifestyle I think I am entitled to. Indeed it is magnified when I am around successful people such as my good friends here in Louisiana. I love them, and their lifestyle. Yet despite my grounding in the Lord, and knowing in my heart that it matters not whether I am wealthy in the grand scheme of things, I find it hard to talk of Kingdom expectations with wealthy, educated non-believers. Indeed, when I see a clear need in somebody's life, I could relate well to how such a void could be filled with Christ; and yet with these educated, wealthy non-believers, even if I see a need and bring it up in conversation, it seems that 'these people of means' would rather continue as they are than have a void filled. Is it only us a run of the mill earners that grasp our need for Christ because we realise we don't have the means to buy our contentment? Where are all the wealthy Christians to show us a different perspective? I fear for myself sometimes, realising how quickly I become consumed by worldly lures. (Please discuss in no more than 500 words, you have one hour :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home