6.30.2003

The "unquote" of the day. Seeing as how Screwtape is a demon and looks at the world in ways we're not supposed to, it would help to have an opposite quote every once in a while. I think this one is a good candidate: "To my class, we made it! We're awesome!" --graduating senior at prestigious girls school in her address to the students. I'm definitely not saying this quote is 'evil.' It's just so misplaced, like that the level of pride in an accomplishment is really based in one's own skill rather than the assistance, patience, and hard work of others combined with (at least in this school's case) the incredible blessing of being in a prestigious private school. Alright, the more I think about this, the more I realize it's not even misplaced, just superficial. Not saying anything, really. Speaking of not saying anything, this blog entry is about nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home