1.21.2005

ugh.

There I was, fiddling around with Dreamweaver and Photoshop, trying to make a prettier website for my department. So far, so good. Not perfect, but.... So, while I'm uploading files, I figure, Hey, I'll spruce up the blog a bit. I made a new banner, changed around a couple of things in the HTML, tried to get the banner to display at higher resolution. I get a phone call and I quickly hit 'save' before answering it. I leave the computer to pace--I always pace while talking on the phone for some unknown reason--and I look over at the laptop. The battery has died and the computer has shut itself off. For a moment I wonder, Did I save those files? I'm pretty sure.... I start the computer back up after plugging it in. I did save some things...but not everything. I should still be okay, I think, I'll just go through the code quickly and relink some stuff. Thankfully, I saved a file with all the code, so if worse comes to worse, I figure I'll just replace the whole thing. One problem: apparently I saved over the full code with the screwed-up code I had just been in the middle of when the power shut down. Oh shit. So, what you see before you is what I've cobbled together in the last hour while attempting over and over to salvage something of the "old" blog. I was able to retrieve all the entries, but most of the comments are gone as are all the links. I apologize. It was all a horrible, horrible act of web incompitence. Unfortunately, I've spent all the time I have to do this for the whole weekend, etc. I'll not be back to the site until Monday or so, and even then...I'm not sure when I'm getting back here. Sigh.

2 Comments:

Blogger John McCollum said...

The blog. She is so dark. But I really do like the nipple image in the upper left hand corner.

At a glance, I think that you did a very nice job on the HPS page. If only you could edit down the text on the front panel. But you philosophizers are a verbose breed. Keep up the work. Maybe I'll hire you back some day.

Sigh.

I can only dream...

1/21/2005 8:30 AM  
Blogger e said...

i'm glad you approve. i keep trying to get them to cut text, to come up with a motto, to supply me with even a single image, something. but no. these philosopher-types can be somewhat obtuse. and by obtuse, i mean that if they're reading this, this isn't anyone in your fine HPS program.

1/21/2005 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home