7.01.2003

whoa, yesterday's post was pretty disappointing. i'll try to make today's better. this morning on the way to work, i walked by a bumper sticker that said "my rules apply to everyone except me." I'm hoping that it was displayed with a good amount of tongue in cheek. But I'm guessing that despite the perceived irony, that is probably an accurate statement for many--maybe even most--people. I know that in spite of efforts in the opposite direction i end up criticizing people for things I do too. some of it may even be jealousy--wanting something that the other person is getting so I make like i'm disappointed with them for liking that thing. i can't think of an actual example of that...but i'm sure there are many. anyway, have to find a quote. i think i'll have to go back to jacques ellul, 'cause he's just so smoove.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home