7.04.2003

Hey everyone - it is time for me to negate the questions posed and dig in to some crap that my life has churned up. Being at a camp where I have met one Christian who is from Russia and never see is way more difficult than I would ever dare admit. The world I am in is more real than columbus - and yet I wonder where it is I have landed. Was I in a bubble for two years, or was that place in Columbus a haven that is only real to those who are truly in community? Is the bubble of coomunity real in the sense that it is in touch with the life of true saviorship. As saved people we really are not in the world that I now inhabit. This world is rude, my language gets ruder. THis world is so real though - real people living real lives...baron of any notion of God. For the most part they seem happy too. True - they have little comprehension of anything other than themselves...but not knowing Jesus is no big deal to them. Instead - it is a big deal to me...that I can know Christ and still act the way I do. Jesus doesnt trick us with the spirit - but there is no going back once it has been part of ones life. The answer to salvation seems to be getting people to experience God - and then letting Christ do the rest. Yes - kids here are prone to debate and they love talking about God, Jesus and the differences between Jesus CHrist and the orthadoxy they know throught the Torah. How is my life different they ask...and I have no argument to sway them...just an experience that I cannot articulate. How I pray for the experience of God to enter the lives of people...that shall be how the battle for the post modern is won. Camp is tough and great...I make compromise after compromise...fall to the level of the least...and try to climb. I give thanks that I am harnessed from above. But for the blood of Christ I should fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home